We moved out of state last year. In doing so, we cancelled service and paid the final bill and mailed back the internet modem (we only had Mediacom internet service) and everything was fine.

Then months later I start getting bills from collections saying I owe $500 to Mediacom because I didn't return equipment. We were paying $50 a month for internet and I paid the final bill before we moved. They had to send a return box for the modem since there wasn't a drop off center in the area. Upon receiving the box, we sent the modem back.

Now I'm receiving phone calls from debt collectors after 9 pm and numerous times a day and my credit score is crappy because of this ridiculous company. I've tried calling customer service (What a joke!) only to be on hold for 45 minutes to an hour at a time or I finally get in touch with someone just to get transferred back to the automated ***. I will never use Mediacom again.

I've had nothing but awful experiences and the worst of luck with this company. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

Review about: Mediacom Internet Service.

Comments

It just happened to me, but returned my equipment 4 years ago. They want$350.00.

I have m oui ve 3 times since then and cannot the shipping receipt.

800 credit score will be destroyed because they messed up. Do what asked and get screwed over

Me too 150 sent to collections because of a modem i returned to the office a year ago

Iowa City, Iowa, United States #1248175

The same thing is happening to me. I have called 10 different times for them to tell me they are "working on it".

Im going to *** sue this company.

Terrible service and poor attention to detail. I returned my modem

Milton, Florida, United States #1185868

The exact same thing is happening to us!

MediacomSupport

Hello,

We do understand your frustration with this billing issue. Our Social Media Team will be happy to look into this from here and locate the equipment. Please feel free to send us an email with the account or phone number to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com.

Mediacom Social Media Team

to MediacomSupport #1193631

Go *** yourself MediacomSupport. You crooks continue to scam my grandma for more expensive services that she will never use.

Total lack of care for the consumer's wellbeing.

You unethical c*nts never cease to amaze when it comes to robbing honest, hardworking citizens blind. Someone needs to shut this racket down.