Floodwood, Minnesota
Coverage Area
Style and Design

When my dad died last month, my mom went to the local Mediacom office in Hibbing, MN to transfer the account into her name and get a smaller package. The bizarre answer she received from the customer representative there was that the account my dad had was under contract, so they could not change anything until the contract is over in December.

When my mom gave the representative his death certificate, he just kept saying it was a contract...it was a contract, as if it was of no consequence that the person the contract was with had died! The man then added my mom's name to the account without her knowledge or consent. Whenever we try calling the national number, different people tell us different things. We faxed the death certificate to one representative, but he NEVER called back.

I guess we can just keep trying, but I swear those people have panels in their backs that flip open to change their batteries. They are soul-less, unfeeling, bizarre robot characters that only care about the "contract" I guess. This company has horrible, HORRIBLE customer service. I hate this company.

And my mom's internet works only half the time anyway.

I suggest everyone run far, far from this company.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. MMK stated that there is a room for improvement of confused and rude customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "my dad died and they won't acknowledge that his contract is null and void now. and they treated my mom like garbage." of mediacom customer care. Mediacom needs to "let my mom choose the deal she wants and let my dead father's contract end!!!!" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned mediacom customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Mediacom.

Comments