I got mediacom as a cable and internet provider b/c it was the only option in my building. I wanted Consolidated since I never had a problem with them.

I signed up for a 10 month contract b/c the salesman assured me that was the best deal, but I learned from my neighbor that he got the same deal, plus HD, plus DVR with no contract for $20/month less. Awesome.

Then, throughout the contract, my internet went out a minimum of 10 times. When I called to see what the problem was, I got an automated message saying, "We understand we are having problems, please call again later. Click."

The only thing mediacom has on Consolidated was OnDemand. But the OnDemand only works half the time. And when you call they run you around. At the end of the first month, I just gave up calling and figured I got what I paid for.

I also had problems paying my bill online. I used their handy-dandy online chat and all I got was a person that could barely spell in english and after an hour of reading broken english, all i got was a phone number to call because the problem couldn't be fixed.

Once i called the number, i got the run around again until I got an answer of, "Just pay the bill at your local office." The local office is on the edge of town and wouldn't you guess it, at 1 PM on a monday, not a holiday, the place was closed.

This company is upside-down and in the future if I am asked will you go through mediacom or go without cable or internet, i will choose to go without.

Comments

whymediacomisbroken

Unfortunately, I have only negative experiences to report with Mediacom. Not only does my home suffer from constant outages, but then AFTER a long process of repairing our service involving several house-calls from your technicians and replacement of major equipment on poles outside, a tele-support rep had the gall to tell us that the connection problems were due to the infringement activity on our account. According to your "graduated response" policy, we had only been to the warning stage so far, and no termination of service occurred. We still have service even now. That support rep blamed us for the problems that were clearly yours, as evidenced by all the repair activity needed in our area (the city itself was having known outages in a wide area at the time).

Now, that's bad enough... what's worse is your company's agreement to start policing the public's activity online, as if you're everyone's parents. I'm speaking about #graduatedresponse here, which is the collaboration of major ISP's with RIAA and MPAA to punish the public by CIRCUMVENTING THE DUE PROCESS OF THE LAW. Why would you think this is a sustainable business strategy? Have you not heard of capitalism? Do you think people will just accept this, once they have access to an ISP that doesn't try to police their lives???

When a copyright holder sends a report of infringement to Mediacom, Mediacom accepts that report as gospel, and forwards a threat to their customer stating the customer's service will be terminated and blacklisted if it happens again... so, an UNPROVEN ALLEGATION is made against YOUR PAYING CUSTOMER, and without even asking the customer about it, you THREATEN THEM WITH PUNITIVE ACTION. The only defense the customer has is starting up a costly court battle with the copyright holder that the customer must win in order for the allegation to disappear from their ISP's record. Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

This same punitive process applies to any UNPROVEN ALLEGATION against a customer's IP address, even if it is only a stranger using the connection during the infringement... for instance, a neighbor who doesn't have the benefit of a connection, and the customer kindly opens their own to them... or a guest who visits your home and doesn't realize you have an ISP that wants to control and punish you.

Thankfully, other ISP offerings are moving into my neighborhood soon, and I will enjoy their threat-free service momentarily. In the meantime, I will spread the word where I can, doing my small part to share with everyone what you have been trying to keep just as quiet as possible: allow our rights to be decided outside of the judicial system.

whymediacomisbroken

The email address I can be reached at is SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com

-James

Mediacom Social Media Team

You should not have experienced this many issues with our service. If you would like to send me an email with your phone number or account number I would be happy to assist with any issues you are experiencing, now or in the future, with your Mediacom service.

-James