Recently moved to a rural area and was looking for an ISP. Mediacom was one of a handful of choices.

I signed up after a few months of shopping around and going without Internet. The sales rep said they just introduced a no contract Internet service, 5mbps, 29.95/mo. Plus modem rental $5.00. $34.95 month to month was the deal, I paid COD on installation and was told that would take care of the bill through the first month.

Well, I received a bill for the first month, an extra installation fee and my monthly plan was listed $10 higher than quoted. I figured it was just a mix up they had made when entering my information and that I could call customer service and get it straightened out without trouble. Wrong, after I explained the prices I was quoted, she proceeded to tell me I was signed up for cable in addition to Internet. I proceeded to say, well...no, I did not sign up for cable.

Her response, "that's weird" x 3. I tried one more time to explain and ask for some kind of a agreeable resolution, to no end. So I requested to speak to a manger, waited on the line for 15 more minutes, the manager came on and said, what was the problem, I explained, he did some checking and instead of offering to correct the error, he says "well I have a note here that says you requested cable service." I was definitely a little exasperated at this point and repeated that I did not ask for cable, and would like my quoted price of $34.95/mo. He said ok, but you are currently bundled and this will affect your pricing, it may go up.

I said absolutely not and he came back with, he could keep my price the same but my Internet speed would go from 15/mbps to 3/Mbps. I said, again, that's not what I was quoted when I signed up for service.

I could go on and on but suffice it to say, I have discontinued service and would highly caution anyone from signing on with this company. My limited interaction with them was one of the most unpleasant customer service experiences I have had.

Review about: Mediacom Internet Service.

Comments

MediacomSupport

Hello,

I completely understand your frustration with the issues you have had thus far. I understand that you said you discontinued service, but if you have any questions or issues, please feel free to send us an email with your account or phone number to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com.

Tim