On 29 May spoke w/ an agent and signed up for internet access only and offered intro rate of $20 for first year and $34 for second year if I signed two year contract. I said OK and was given an install date a week from the following monday (6 June). Tech showed up within given time, made the connection at the pole, provisioned the service, and I then verified connectivity.

Upon reviewing the billing summary the tech left I realized that I was being charged $27.95 + $15 for not having any other of their digital services. I immediately called customer support and since I did not have the last four of the account holders drivers license (this was my fathers house). I was told to call back but that it would be all worked out.

The following Thursday I called with the required information and was summarily told that offer never existed -- the classic bait and switch.

Be very wary should you ever do business with Mediacomm. I would recommend getting all employee names, and IDs with each person you speak with. If you have a service which allows recording conversations (Google Voice, etc) then do so but you must notify the other party that you are doing so.

The short of it is that I had my service terminated with Mediacomm. I will not do business with a company that employs these tactics.

Review about: Mediacom Internet Service.

Comments