All I needed was a replacement battery for the modem. After many years its backup battery was no longer holding any charge.

It took me 44 minutes to get through to iChat Help, but "Bill" was kind and set up an appointment for a tech to bring me either a new battery or a replacement modem between 8:00 - 12:00 the next day. I asked about the advertised 30-minute window, but he replied I'd have to wait a week for that. So I cancelled a breakfast meeting and stayed home hoping the tech would come early. Eight, nine, ten, eleven o'clock and noon came around; no tech.

At 1:00 p.m., no tech. At 1:30 no tech. The tech finally arrived at ten minutes to two. He asked me what the problem was.

He had no idea, no information. Nor did he have a replacement modem or a replacement battery. He said he would find one in the shop when he returned at the end of the day. Then, of course, there's the weekend, so he hoped to return on Monday (3 days from today).

For this I pay $135/month?! So, over 6 hours spent waiting ...

resulting in no repair of any kind, and now we have to worry about meeting again next week. Go local, people.

Review about: Mediacom Internet Service.

Comments