Update by user Feb 02, 2012

As of today\'s date, February 2,2012...(2 months after installation). Yesterday, we received yet another call from Angel at Mediacom telling me I would be charged a fee for the modem which I returned.

Well, I hit the roof...\"can\'t this company get it together?\" \"What is wrong with them?\"...Simply put: incompetent people. Calling back today, it finally got resolved today.

Ask for a supervisor, to get your issues resolved. My supervisor was Ed and he did a marvelous job explaining stuff to me AND telling me I should not be charged for a modem rental.

Ms. Angel at Mediacom left a detailed message and I played it for nice Mr. Ed.

He said he would take corrective action regarding her incompetencies. Thank you God for Ed over at Mediacom.

Original review posted by user Jan 27, 2012

The installer (contractor) who originally came out did not hook up house correctly, did not explain anything to my husband, and did not configure remotes for us but he was supposed to.

Mediacom said they'd send out their own employees to fix cable problem.

The new installers were great, but then I was charged (wrong). Then we spent about an hour on the phone clearing up all the incorrect charges. Mediacom was very good to credit the bill. We also returned our wireless modem to local office they REFUSED to give my husband receipt.

Poor communication between the departments at Mediacom. Check your bill.

Get receipts. Ask for a Mediacom employed installer.

Comments

Rin-tin-tin
Sugar Grove, Illinois, United States #628781

I too was treated poorly by Angel at Mediacom. Here is my situation--I like the product but hate the fact they do not listen to their customer and think they do not make mistakes.

They seem to think they are perfect. They sent me an ups label to return some items. I shipped them an Arris TM502G modem I had been renting and a new, but defective, set that included a Thomas Advanced Integrated Modem with a Cisco DPC 3825 Home Network Gateway. I sent it back to their "ship to" address -- a Nick Gelwix 816-256-2098 at Replico Corp 1559 N Topping Kansas City MO 64120 using their label at a local ups store.

I know they got the Arris modem because I sent it with the defective set. However, a gal named ANGEL at 309-797-2669 called and left me a voice mail saying that I still have it and need to look for it and was going to close the ticket. I WANT TO LET THE PUBLIC KNOW --THAT MEDIACOM DOES NOT LISTEN OR TRUST THEIR CUSTOMER. YOU FOLKS SHOULD NOT TRUST THEM EITHER.

NEVER USE THEIR UPS LABEL TO RETURN ITEMS BECAUSE THIS METHOD DOES NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH A PROOF of RECEIPT for the items you returned.

BECAUSE OF ANGEL , I WILL TERMINATE MY SERVICE AND NEVER USE THEIR PRODUCTS AFTER THE CONTRACT EXPERATION DATE.

I am sorry you had this experience. I would like to look into the non receipt issue when you dropped off the wireless modem.

It seems as the other issues have been resolved.

Please email you account information to me at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com.

Thanks,