I have been having intermittent outages for the last two weeks and tonight caused me to contact customer service via chat. This was probably a mistake as the person on the other end obviously had problems comprehending what the problem was also. She stated they had a service outage going on in this area (but if you put my zip code in their service block it showed no service being conducted in area) Mediacom is probably the worst tv, internet and phone service available but it is the only service offered in this area other than satellite services which I am strongly considering. I will attempt to upload the conversation I had with customer service. A transcript of your conversation will be sent after the chat session is over.

175851

You

Why is Sullivan having so many outages over the last week or two It has become increasingly irritating. Thank you.

175853

Mediacom Chat

Hello, welcome to Mediacom chat.

Are you a Mediacom customer

175909

Obviously

175910

Mediacom Chat

For security verification, please enter the the primary telephone number and the last 4 digits of the Social Security Number listed on the account.

175934

2177282024 9540

175935

Mediacom Chat

I will connect you with a live agent who can help you. Please wait.

175936

Sheryl has entered.

175946

Sheryl

Hi, Ronald. Welcome to Mediacom Chat.

175956

Hello

180005

Sheryl

Hello, how are you today

180034

You

I am fine but I would like to know what your problem is.

180052

Sheryl

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

180052

Sent at 60052 PM.

180133

You

I am sure you are, but this has been going on for two weeks now and I am quickly becoming disenchanted with your service

180134

Sent at 60134 PM.

180225

Sheryl

I understand the frustration.

180226

Sent at 60226 PM.

180258

You

So, can you just tell me what the problem is

180259

Sent at 60259 PM.

180429

Sheryl

I have checked and as I can see here, there is a sheduled maintenance in your location right now.

180430

Sent at 60430 PM.

180517

You

Has this scheduled maintenance been going on for two weeks, and if so are you going to make adjustments to my bill for my outages

180518

Sent at 60518 PM.

180600

Sheryl

Added to that, it is noted on your account that your house is currently in an outage too, which means, there is a problem with your lines.

180601

Sent at 60601 PM.

180749

Sheryl

Yes, we can make some adjustments to your bill, however, we cannot process that for now since the outage is still on going.

180802

You

If I have an outage at my house right now then how in the heck am I talking to you via a cable modem

180802

Sent at 60802 PM.

180918

Sheryl

I am sorry but that is what I am seeing here from my end.

180918

Sent at 60918 PM.

181023

Sheryl

Is there anything else I can assist you with

181023

Sent at 61023 PM.

181120

You

Yes, do you have the phone number or website for satellite TV, internet and phone because I am about fed up with your service!

181120

Sent at 61120 PM.

181336

Sheryl

I am sorry but that is out of our scope already.

181336

Sent at 61336 PM.

181514

Sheryl

Kindly contact us back for adjustment once the ouatage is done.

181539

You

When will I know that since you said I had a line problem

181539

Sent at 61539 PM.

181625

Sheryl

You may observe it from your end actually by the services that you are getting.

181625

Sent at 61625 PM.

181807

You

Does that mean you are sending someone out to look at my lines, since you did say that my house was in an outage and there is a problem with my lines

181807

Sent at 61807 PM.

181927

Sheryl

No. We have our technicians doing massive checking in your area right now, Ron.

181927

Sent at 61927 PM.

182243

Sheryl

Do you have any other concerns aside from this this, Ron

182243

Sent at 62243 PM.

182445

You

No, I guess you have done your job as trained Sheryl, as I am totally confused and remain unsatisfied, I guess my money does not make a dent in the overall bottom line of Mediacom but I do have friends,

182445

Sent at 62445 PM.

182540

Sheryl

I understand the frustrations and I do apologize for whatever inconveniences that this has done on your part.

182541

Sheryl is typing.

182540

Sent at 62540 PM.

Thank you for using Mediacom Chat support. The brief survey below will help us better understand how well we're meeting your expectations and what we can do to improve our performance.

Overall, how would you rate the service you received today on a scale of 0 to 9, with 0 being poor and 9 being outstanding

Poor 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Outstanding

How much effort did you personally have to put forth to resolve your issue on a scale of 0 to 9, with 0 being little effort, and 9 being a lot of effort

Little 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A lot

How likely would you be to recommend Mediacom to others on a scale of 0 to 9, with 9 being very likely, and 0 being never

Never 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Very likely

Comments What can we do better

Please enter your email addressclose

Review about: Mediacom Tv Service.

Comments

MediacomSupport
Middletown, New York, United States #615864

Thank you for your feedback Greg. This is something our corporate office is reviewing. I can also apply a credit for the downtime if you email your account number or phone number to socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com

Thanks,

Chris

Mediacom Social Media Team

Cameron, Missouri, United States #602321

Constantly with power outages. Can't understand the customer service people (from Phillipines) .

Many of the personal could care whether your a customer or not. Don't recommend!

MediacomSupport
Middletown, New York, United States #596389

Hello,

I apologize for the issues with your service and with the chat representative. I would love to look into this for you and find out why your service is intermittent and get this resolved for you. If you could please email us at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com with your telephone# I can have a representative contact your local area to find out what is going on and do all we can to get this resolved for you.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Chris

Mediacom Social Media Team

to MediacomSupport Monticello, Illinois, United States #615844

How about issuing automatic credit when your service is out?? I call everytime and tell the service advisor I want a full days credit and they give it everytime, I should not have to call for credit!!!

I dropped your terrible TV service years ago.

Directv is much more reliable and costs less. I am shopping for a new internet provider and as soo as I find one it's "So long Medicaom!!" Worst cable/internet in the country!!