1.8
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Feb 11

So, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I went to the next tier of usage at 100 mbs down and monthly limit of 999GB for an additional $10/month.

I monitored usage daily at mediacomtoday.com/usagemeter. usage seemed pretty close to what I think we actually used, at around 10 gb per day considering movie download, tablet use, e-mail etc. I set Netflix so 4k movies don't play in 4K. So big jump in usage was never explained except as others have written the automatic updates for Win10.

I also checked Win10 for the desktop but that didn't register much. Mediacom was nice enough to reply to comments although my main criticism is that they could go farther in helping users determine usage issues besides saying that someone else is tapping in on the router.

Original review posted by user Jan 12

We have a 400 gb per month downstream data usage allowance. As long as we have had that allowance (over 1 year) we have never been over it even with 4K movie downstreaming.

We don't do gaming. Suddenly, a window popped up on my computer saying we have used 175 percent of our allowance and we still have a week left in the month. That's almost double what we have been using. it is only my wife and I.

We might watch internet TV around lunch for a couple of hours and a movie in the evening. We also get Netflix mailed DVDs so we don't downstream movies those nights. According to the Mediacom website we should have received-mail notifications at 75% and every 5% or so increments that we are close to our allowance. When I called Mediacom the person said we are responsible for every 50 mb of data at an additional charge of $10 per.

He said it was my problem and since I wasn't using their router they couldn't tell what accounted for the overage. I said if they had notified me as stated I would have checked on this problem sooner. So basically they can screw up but it's up to me to figure out what the problem is.

He would not credit me the fee even though they had not notified me. When I said all I can do is drop the service and the guy said go ahead.

Review about: Mediacom Internet Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Good service tech.

I didn't like: Long repair time.

Comments

Was getting bills on line. Then some how I stopped getting messages of bill due.

I finally got a letter after three months that my service will be cancelled unless paid. (I had a stroke so I forget things easy.) I paid the bill and called them asking why I didn't get billed. Mediacom said computer problem and got auto bill VIA internet was fixed. Then didn't get monthly bill again, neither E-Mail or paper bill.

Was charged late fee again because of their screw up! Watch them close people, they'll screw up and charge you for it.