Coverage Area

ROCCO B COMMISSO, CEO

MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION

100 CRYSTAL RUN ROAD

MIDDLETOWN NY 10941

Complete apathy and disarray when dealing with either customer service or technicians. Also, there seems to be deceptive business practices and outright stealing from customers. My HOA pays for basic internet service, which I understand I am paying around $26 a month for 15 Mbps download. I tried to increase my service to the 50 Mbps download. So a normal person would expect to pay the difference from the 15 to 50 Mbps but Mediacom tells me I have to pay for the modem as well. I already pay $26 to my HOA for internet. However, Mediacom is telling my HOA they are not charging the HOA for the modems in that $26 fee. But when you call Mediacom as an individual to get the same service the price is $26.40 ($14.95 for the service itself, $7.50 for the modem, and $3.50 for WiFi). If the HOA is not being charged for the modems, then why is the price $26 through them. Should the price not just be for the service itself of $14.95 and the $3.50 for the WiFi. So tell me should I pay for the same equipment TWICE? What a rip off. Outright theft if you ask me. And certainly a deception to my HOA.

I am sure this is not Mediacoms' first time doing this to customers.

This reviewer shared experience about "all of the above choices" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Mediacom. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Mediacom.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Mediacom to other companies on our site.

Comments

Mediacom has the worst Internet, tv, phone service in the usa, direct is better, even dish network is better, in the last six month they send 10 technician out to fix the problem and six month later they has not been able to fix nothing .had a appointment today 12_18 2005, between 1 and 5, they cancel at 4.28 pm, next appointment Dec 27 2015. This is a incompetent company with dumb employees. Only can say that because they demonstrate that

Patralli

I think I can explain this to you.

The HOA requested service for each unit and the price is $26 per unit. The HOA charges $26 (the cost of the service per unit) so they are not making a profit.

This is probably in a contract with Mediacom. The HOA is paying Mediacom $26 per unit and so when you decide to upgrade you must go as a separate account from the HOA to get the increased speeds because those speeds are not in the contract your HOA signed.

So since the HOA is in a contract, they are charging you the $26 PLUS you are paying for the new separate service.

The issue is NOT Mediacom, but your HOA charging you a fee that you no longer should be charged.

However you are in a contract per the HOA with Mediacom, and this is VERY common in Condo's.

I'd suggest talking to your HOA and having them either A) Cease charging you for that basic service or B) Have them pay that $26 to your individual account.