Mediacom started charging a $5 fee for the phone modem. They are already charging $5 for the internet modem which is the same modem.

What else can they gouge you for. We need some competition please. They keep adding fees and advertising that they have the best service. I would like to see some other competition as Comcast and Verizon.

I think it is time for everyone to go back to antennas. Go to the library for free internet or the coffee shop.

So your support by cancelling your service. Come on everyone join the rest of us and get rid of cable.

Comments

Mattymatt

Good news Dwight! You don't have to continue paying modem rental fess to Mediacom if you purchase your own equipment.

Just contact customer service and ask for a list of compatiable modems. Then go to Ebay and buy one on the cheap. I recently purchased an Arris TM602A for $24. If you subscribe to both telephone and internet, then this purchase will pay for itself in less than 3 months.

Once your new modem arrives, then contact Mediacom tech-support for assistance with the installation. The phone call took me no more than 15 minutes, and the rep was very helpful.

We began charging the $5 rental for the phone modem on June 1st. We do attempt to keep our prices down, and instead of increasing the price of the phone service we implemented the modem rental fee. We will be offering a DOCSIS 3.0 wireless phone/internet modem for purchase that will remove the rental fee for both the phone and internet service.

-James

Mediacom Social Media Relations Team

Mediacom has been charging me $10/month for their phone modem for a year.