We cancelled all services with Mediacom (avoid like the plague) in May and they cannot get the final bill right (big surprise). First we got one for $454.

Then we get one for $60 when it was supposed to be $30. Finally received the final bill of $30 dated 7/15/13, which took 3 - 4 days to get to us. We paid it immediately on 7/22. Yesterday on 7/30 we received a collection agency notice dated 7/24 for our delinquent mediacom bill of $30 with $6.00 added on.

When I called Mediacom the rep said she would take care of it and the payment and collection notice just crossed in the mail. I once again pointed out the dates and there never should have been a collection agency when the final bill was dated 7/15 and I am pissed that they are messing with my credit. She stated that it happened because we had not made a payment for a couple of months. Are you kidding me!

I once again explained that it was Mediacom's issue and fault all along and no credit agency should have been involved. We pay our bills on time.

We are honest and competent people unlike Mediacom.

Comments

I had mediacom for about a year, then got a little behind because of my car breaking down, prior to moving. I called to set up a payment plan and they stated that they do not set up payment plans unless i have been a customer for 1 year.

I have talked to other people who have mediacom and they have had no problems making arrangements to pay and had been with them less than a year? Poor customer service for sure and will NEVER go with them again.

They said will send me to a collection agency the end of Oct and I said go ahead cos at least they will WORK with me.. Looser company and sucky customer service!

Milford, Connecticut, United States #715215

Same thing happened to me, except my bill was paid. Mediacom turned it over to collection because they claim I did not return equipment.

I did return the equipment and have a receipt for it. I have called twice, this has been referred to "research" but I hear nothing despite promises for a call in a couple of days or (as yesterday) a few hours.

In the meantime, a phony $500 charge for unreturned equipment is in the hands of an unscrupulous collection agency in Dallas Texas, (there are many, many complaints about this company, "Credit Protection Association, L.P."). I am really fed up!

MediacomSupport
Buena Park, California, United States #694585

Hello,

I apologize for the problems you have had getting your account closed out. If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact me at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com and I will do what I can to make things right.

Thanks,