I cancelled Mediacom when I moved out of the service area. I had signed a 2 year agreement so I was aware I would have to pay a cancellation fee.

I returned my equipment and the customer service rep told me it was be $155.74, which I could take my time paying off if that was too much at once. I received my final bill in the mail and it said that it was due 5/18/16. Starting the first week of May I began receiving collection calls. I typically missed the calls since I was busy at school and the messages did not specify what the collection was for.

Around 5/10 I answered one of these calls and she said she was calling to collect a debt for Mediacom. I told her my final bill said payment wasn't due until 5/18/16. The lady was very rude and told me I needed to pay today plus a $31 collection fee or this would go on my credit report. I told her that I was at school and did not have my checkbook with me and that I would pay later.

I asked her to make a note in my file to stop calling me (they were calling everyday). The calls continued daily. I received a letter in the mail dated 5/11/16 from the collections company saying I owed the $155.74 plus a $31 collection fee or my credit report would be effected. I tried to pay my final bill through Mediacom but I was told my account did not exist.

I paid through the collection agency so these people would stop harassing me and I had to pay the $155.74 plus $31 collection fee plus a $5.95 electronic check fee. Mediacom never called me once to remind me to pay or attempt to make payment arrangements with me and my final bill was dated with a due date of 5/18! I wasted almost $37 since these idiots had to send me to collections before I was even due. I would advise people to stay away from Mediacom.

Even when I had it, the internet was spotty and often went out. Shady business practices.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Mediacom. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Mediacom.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Mediacom to other companies on our site.

Comments

Easley, South Carolina, United States #1215814

You should of told them to stop calling you or you would get a lawyer. If you have the mandated date, there is nothing they can do about it.