Coverage Area
Style and Design

Got mediacom in December of 2015 when we moved into our apartment, this is our only option due to bad phone line. Started with 50mpbs and it worked fine until August of 2016 when we came home from a weekend away and found our router was off, called to see what was happening and the support were useless, they tested it from their end 3 times, and it wouldn't respond.

So they said they could have a tech out, but it would be 3 days from that day, which is unacceptable because my wife works from home, and the internet is a must for her job, I asked if they could get someone here faster and they said no, not a chance. So she had to call off all week which wasn't an issue at the time never missed work. fast forward to September we upgraded our internet to 100 mpbs, our average speed stayed at 50mpbs, after multiple test I called and asked why this was happening, when we upgraded the internet they didn't say anything about needing a new modem, 5 days later tech comes and installs new router that could handle the speed. Started having issues every other day, in september my wife missed 5 or 6 days, because of technical difficulties on their end that they couldn't explain, fixed the issues.

The issue was that when they did my initial sign up they put us down for 50gpbs at the 3mpbs cost rate, when they updated our stuff, they messed it up and jacked our price up to the full 100mpbs price, after they listened to the recorded conversation and they lady said the change would only move the price around $10 and several arguments with them not wanting to honor that price, they decided they would. Now we have had issues since the end of march, until now. when i call stay on hold for 15 minutes they say its an issue with my area, and they cant help it. Will be looking into a new internet provider soon.

Stay away from them if possible, terrible service provider, constant issues, speed is always 15 to 20 mpbs below and they say that its ok and nothing they can do. terrible decision to go with them, regret it and will steer anyone that is talking about going with them away.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mediacom Internet Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: When it worked once.

I didn't like: Internet service, How poor customer service is, Mediacom, Poor internet service.

Comments