I started my Mediacom service almost two years ago. I have moved two times because of school and have always changed my service address with Mediacom to prevent a cancellation fee.

They have ALWAYS told me I would keep the original start up date as the beginning of my two year service. Every time I contacted Mediacom I would make sure that this was correct. I even contacted a representative about a month ago and they SPECIFICALLY told me that the cancellation fee was sixty dollars. Let's do the math..

I'm cancelling four months early.. the cancellation fee is thirty bucks every three months. That does not equal ninety dollars. I can understand the miscommunication..

but why have they been telling me otherwise all along? When I brought this up they were immediately defensive and argumentative with me. They were not willing to work the situation out with me. After being transferred to a supervisor (who was also extremely rude) they ended up taking off the thirty dollars anyways.

I think this is fair because it is THEIR fault that they have been telling me wrong all along. Additionally, I wanted her to explain my final bill to me so I didn't have to call back later. She was short with me and interrupted me several times. She treated me as though I was unintelligent and incapable of understanding.

They were not professional AT ALL. I think as a company as big as Mediacom they should improve the professionalism and customer service. I work in retail so I can understand how frustrating it is to deal with angry customers. However, the way to deal with it is not arguing back.

I don't think I will ever use Mediacom again.

The cancellation fee is ridiculous and the customer service is even more horrendous.

Comments

MediacomSupport

Hello,

I completely understand your frustration with the level of service in which you have received. This is not what we expect from our Customer Service Representatives and definitely not from our Supervisors. I will be happy to help you with any and all issues you are having. Can you send me an email to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com with your account or phone number?

Tim