1.8
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Mediacom is one of the fastest internet service provider on the market but customer services are horrible. Lets begin when I first got Mediacom.

Internet was lightening fast at first but when you got poor weather it tends to slow down drastically, at least in my area.

One month me and my wife decided to split up our paychecks each week and put them towards our mortage, bills, ect instead of paying everything at once at the end of the month. So one month me and my wife thought we had paid for our services after we paid the remaining 50 dollars for it. They said we was late by one day and they decided to cut off our services and then pulled the 50 dollars out the next day. Since we seen the check go out on our bank account, we didn't even know we had our services cut until we called them.

We thought it was a hiccup, or an outage like so many times before. They didn't notify us by any of the contact information provided that we had a remaining balence. Didn't even void the check we gave them. So I called and asked how much it'll have to be to reconnect.

They said the remaining 50 dollars for the previous month, services the following month, which in fact doubled because of thier probation policy, and a reconnection fee of 30 dollars or so. I asked where did our previous 50 dollars go, and they said they couldn't give me that information. So I finally said okay and I forked over the money. We made an appointment the following 4 days I believe because it was a weakened and they was booked and it had to fit me and my wife's schedule.

I said no problem. They came up to my door step the day of our appointment and left a bill for 672 dollars for the router and cable box and inspect me to pay it for the diconnection since I basically had to void our 2 year.contract and make a new one to reconnect our services. They rescheduled my appointment two weeks further after canceling it. So I paid the one month and got 2 weeks of it.

That's bull ****. I called and complained to them and they said they couldn't do anything for me but for me to pay the 672 dollars to continue services with them or they would've had to repo the router and cable box that I had already paid off in previous payments over the course I had service with them.

On top of that, after having service with them for almost a year they still haven't buried my fiber optic line that runs across our back yard, I had to do it, so I didn't run it over with our lawnmower. If you ask me there's a lot better internet cable providers out there than Mediacom.

They may be fast but they are greedy and customer services are terrible. If this company that are the only ones available in your area, I feel sorry for you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mediacom Internet Plan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments