Sulzbach, Saarland

Avoid Mediacom, if you can! The internet is alright, despite several outages.

However if you ever need customer service, especially for billing issues, you cannot rely on them. I cancelled my contract by a specific date, and Mediacom falsely cut my internet 1 months earlier than requested, while I was still paying for the service. They then sent me a bill for the equipment I had not returned (which, well I didn't because the cancellation was only due a months later). That bill charged me over 100 dollars for unreturned equipment.

I complained and customer service said they would correct the error and reinstall the internet. They reinstalled, but did not change the false billing amount and, in addition, charged me for the reinstallation. It took 8 phone calls and several visits to the local office to finally resolve it, but during the whole time I could never rely on anything customer service was assuring me of. Having now moved abroad, I am still dealing with them.

Beside receiving a bill that stated $0 when I returned my equipment, Media Com sent another bill over $40 for early cancellation charges or sth. Being in the process of moving, I received a letter from a collection agency (yes collection agency) one months after the initial due date of that amount.

I am dreading the calls to customer service. Horrible company; they will *** over if they get a chance!

Review about: Mediacom Service Transfer.

Comments

I can understand your frustration with this experience. Please send me an email with your phone number or account number to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com and I will be happy to review your account and assist you any way that I can.

James