Set up internet service December '12 and it's been horrible since the first day. I thought it might be my computer since I just moved from Chicago (where I had Comcast - who knew that would be the best service I've had?) and I thought I needed to reload Airport Express (which was in storage).

Reloaded it and the service was still bad. Called and was walked through resetting it (a couple of times) and nothing changed. I've had three technicians come out and it's no better. I even had an online consultation with a Mediacom person and was beyond angry after I explained that I didn't think that asking for reliable service that you're paying for is too much to ask and Rhea said/wrote - wait for it - "As the saying goes, 'You can't have it all.'" Seriously?

I have the conversation saved.

Today I stopped using Airport Express (the last technician said it was probably the cause and was probably battling it out with the Mediacom wifi service even though I NEVER had a problem with it and Comcast and yes, it was wifi). Guess what? It's no better without it.

Still slow as molasses, doesn't want to load, etc. At least Comcast would automatically credit your account for the day when you had any problems (like with cable). Mediacom doesn't care. I just want to get what I pay for.

Tomorrow I'm calling to get the rate reduced because I feel I'm paying a premium price and getting a sub-par product.

If I can find another service I'll change. This is awful and not worth it.

Comments

MediacomSupport
Middletown, New York, United States #629644

This is not the level of service we expect to provide to any of our customers. I would be happy to work on getting this connection issue resolved. Please email me your account information, a description of the issue and a copy of the chat you had to socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com. I will do what I can to make this right.

Thanks,