Edenton, North Carolina
2.0

This company has done nothing to make things right with my services. It is my hope that buy posting here they will take notice. Below is a copy of the letter a just sent to Mediacom which I presume is their

PR department at SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com. Lets see if it helps, but I'm doubtful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern:

The following, although far from complete, this is summary of my ongoing problems with Mediacom of Edenton, North Carolina.

On Sat, 4/7/12 there is a system wide outage affecting all TV and Internet service which does not get repaired until the next day.

On Tue, 4/10/12 the system is down again and the tech who comes out tells that some kid down the street illegally the taps line and blew out the whole street. Regardless, after the tech "fixes" the problem the hi-def channel constantly pixelate and the Internet is as slow as dial-up.

This condition continues TV now works but Internet still is in the 2-3 mbps range.

Wed 4/25/12 all hi-def and all my premium channels go down at 10pm. I get on the phone and talk to some guy India. He says he has sent a "reset" signal to the box and that it would be up in 15 minutes. 30 minutes later, still no TV so I call back (again its India, but somebody different). I try to explain to this second guy in India that Mediacom had been having problems with the head end. He responds by saying that if it was head end all of North Carolina would be down. Needless to say, I was not going to get anywhere with this guy, so I hung up deciding I would call next again.

Next day is here and I purposely call and talk to 3 different female CSR's who give me a runaround and refuse to let me speak to a supervisor.

By Tuesday, I'm getting really pissed as Internet speed is max 1.17mbps, and on Wed it drops to 0.34 and never gets above 1.34 after that. At 9 o'clock that night I call and again its some guy in India who tells me not to worry it will get better. It does not and still is not.

10/19 - TV is completely down (again), I call and a tech comes and says something happened down the street but all is well now. I say "lets check internet", speed is only 2.2Mbps. He says "wow, mine never goes below 14MBPs!" and will report it and will get an internet guy out next day.

On Thursday 5/9, a kid shows up and says he boost signals but tells my wife it will still be real slow in the evening, so they're going to get somebody out Saturday who is the "wire guy" because the problem is on the street.

I call on Wednesday and speak to a rep and tell her my ongoing Internet problems and she tell me that her records show it was NOT fixed on Wednesday and that someone would be out tomorrow. Last night speed was down to 1.71

On Wed p.m., I call again and a lady named Kelly sees there is low signal and will send someone out the next day (Thur) and someone who is "professional" on the 23rd.

...

Hence, this letter to you. It is my sincere hope you will be able to correct the problems I have been having with my services. These problems have been going on for well longer than documented in this email, but I think you get the idea. I have been recording speeds and outages since April 2014 on a spreadsheet. I have had techs and supervisors out here to no avail. I have called the supervisor at the Shannonhouse Rd Mediacom office 2 times and have spoken to the General Manager, Wayne Holiday to no avail. I have talked to countless CSR's to no avail and have documented all these encounters. It is my hope this letter will not be in vain.

Review about: Mediacom Internet Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Better MODEM to service my rural home.

I liked: Technician was pleasant.

I didn't like: Issue was not resolved.

Comments