We also got MediaCom when we moved to a new state, and didnt find out until a few days later...after a dozen calls to them about crappy cable, internet, and phone service, that we were locked into a 2 year contract. I have place many calls to get a copy of our signed contract, but was told it was an outside marketing company that had taken our initial call, and we would have to call them.

We have tried many times, but they can not locate the recording of the authorization of the contract.

We have contacted a lawyer, and will let him deal with MediaCom. He seems to be getting the run around also.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mediacom Internet Service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 26, 2012.

Comments

MediacomSupport

Gretchen, I would be happy to help with these service issues. Please email me at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com and I will assist with getting a new HD box to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Dallas

I completely agree. I need to get a new box for my HDMI TV.

There are no location less than 45 minutes away from me, they are open 9-5, and not open on Saturdays. So I either have to leave work 2 hours early, pray to God they have a box at thier location that I need (they will not give me the phone number of the office to call beforehand) or take a half of a vacation day, pay them $30 and wait for a technician to come during the week.

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL COMCAST IS AVAILABLE IN MY AREA. MEDIACOM IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST!!

MediacomSupport

You should not have that much trouble with our customer service or billing. If you would like to send me an email with your account number or the phone number that was on your account I would be happy to review your account and do everything I can to make things right.

Tim