You:

My internet was installed on Monday March 4th. I called on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday because I was told that I would have to wait until the 13th to get a service rep out to repair the internet that was never installed correctly. Each time I was told that I would get a call back that day to see if they could get someone out earlier and I never received a call. This has got to be the worst experience I have ever received to get internet, phone, or TV. It seems none of your techs has any idea when or if I will get my service installed correctly.

Mediacom Chat:

Hello, welcome to Mediacom chat.

Are you a Mediacom customer?

You:

yes did you read what i wrote?

Mediacom Chat:

For security verification, please enter the the primary telephone number and the last 4 digits of the Social Security Number listed on the account.

8158857051 5188

Mediacom Chat:

I will connect you with a live agent who can help you. Please wait.

Bella has entered.

Bella:

Hi, Jason. Welcome to Mediacom Chat.

hello

Bella:

I'd be glad to assist you with your concern.

Sent at 3:40:50 PM.

Bella:

For me to verify your account, may I have you physical address please?

600 heritage way

belvidere, il

Thank you.

Bella:

Let me look what I can do for your issue, okay?

ok

Thank you.

Sent at 3:42:17 PM.

Bella:

I can see here that there is an appointment that set on 03/13 for you service and on 03/19 for install repair.

Sent at 3:44:28 PM.

You:

That's the best you can do?

Bella:

I am still checking further.

You:

I called on March 5th and your telling me I have to wait 8 days for you to come complete your installation?

what is the 3/19 for?

Bella:

This what I can see here. Let me check for the 3/19.

Sent at 3:46:16 PM.

You:

How do I get the $93 refunded that I paid for this?

Sent at 3:46:47 PM.

Bella:

Regarding the 3/19 appointment, this has something to do with the housebox.

Sent at 3:47:46 PM.

I'm not waiting 8 days everytime there is a problem

Sent at 3:48:18 PM.

You:

We want to get the $93 refunded and cancel the account unless you can come out 1-2 days for when I have an issue

You:

This is what I was prommised

Bella:

I am sorry for the inconvenience you have been experiencing.

1-2 days for service

Bella:

I will do my best to look for a resolution to this concern.

You:

That is what the other 4 service reps said and I never heard back from them either

You:

How do I cancel my account?

Bella:

I definitely know that could be frustrating. I can understand how you feel.

and get a full refund

Sent at 3:50:49 PM.

Bella:

for you to be able to cancel your account, you can contact our retention department at this number 1-877-481-2225.

Sent at 3:51:40 PM.

Bella:

What I can see here, 03/13 is the soonest available date that a tech can come ober and fix the problem.

Sent at 3:52:41 PM.

You:

Why do you tell customers you can repair their service in 1-2 days if you can't really do it for 1-2 weeks?

Sent at 3:53:24 PM.

Bella:

Jason, I can send a tech on 03/12, would that be fine?

That will be at 5-7pm.

Sent at 3:54:44 PM.

You:

if that is the best you can do? What is the average response to service calls in my area?

Sent at 3:55:45 PM.

Bella:

As of the moment since I am seeing that there will be still followed up for your installation.

Sent at 3:56:58 PM.

You:

We will not be available between 5-7 pm on 3/12. It needs to be earlier in the day.

Sent at 3:57:59 PM.

Bella:

I can see how important this is to you. However, that is the only available time window of the day.

Sent at 3:58:48 PM.

You:

We will be canceling your services

ty

Bella:

I will respect your decision, sir.

This is the service you can expect from MediaCom

Review about: Mediacom Installation.

Comments

MediacomSupport

Hello jb1moore,

I can understand your frustration with this entire ordeal. This is not the level of service we expect any of our customers to experience, especially someone that was just installed. We would hate to lose you as a customer and would like the chance to resolve the issue so you are getting the service in which you are paying for. Can you send us an email with your account or phone number to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com?

Tim