2.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Good morning. Let me start by saying I'm nobody important.

I'm a small business owner in a small town in Iowa that use(s)(d) your company's services. I have been fortunate to have been reasonably successful as an entrepreneur of several businesses and CEO of several small to medium sized businesses. It's unlikely we'll be continuing to do business with Mediacom for very long. I've spoken at length with your sales staff, customer retention staff, and commercial business staff, and frankly, I'm astounded.

We have been customers of Mediacom residential services for 12 to 15 years, and commercial services for 8 to 10 years. The technical side of your business is good. The techs are knowledgeable, and service is fairly prompt. The administrative and small business side of your business is at best, dismal.

Communication between your departments is slow or inaccurate/incomplete. Follow-up can only be described as nonexistent, and your policies towards existing accounts is hostile. My home and commercial accounts are auto-pay and we have received no invoicing or notices regarding billing or billing changes. Our "contract" expired two months ago, and no one called to inform us, upgrade us, or renew us.

I was told that staffing is so low that it simply wasn't going to happen. Our bills went from $89 to $161 for your slowest internet access and a phone line that we don't use. If we had been informed and signed a new contract, our bill would have gone to $119, but again, we weren't given that opportunity. In effect, when I questioned this practice, I was told that it was "corporate policy", and no one at any level that I could talk to, could make that correction or adjustment.

I work with the entertainment industry. I understand the importance of customer service in a very competitive industry. We only have a few thousand followers in this area, but the entertainers we use have literally millions of followers. I understand that if you don't know a problem exists, you can't fix it.

So, since no one locally has the ability to make decisions that affect your business practices, I am bringing it to your attention. If you can't address it, then it would go to the end users to make changes in their providers. As I mentioned, I am unimportant. However, I would hope that larger groups of people, and more influential people would be considered more important to you.

Your model of pursuing the new users at the expense of your current and long term users, will eventually become a self fulfilling practice, when new users are the only business you will have, when you've alienated your current base. "Boulders can be walked around.

It's the rock in your shoe that can cost you the race." While I am not optomistic this will be attended to, I am including our customer number, so someone can review the notes in the file. #8384970350090059 Good day, sir.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mediacom Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Speed, When functioning properly is good.

I didn't like: Mediacom is hostiletoxic to small business needs.

Comments