My internet fails all of the time! Yesterday it was out from 8am-3pm, only to come back on for an hour and a half before going out again.

And of course brilliant me got the internet/cable/phone combo pack so if I don't have internet I don't have phone service either. And for the later half of yesterday I didn't have cable either. The day before that it was in and out all day and earlier this week it was out from 5am-6am for "maintenance". This is a constant problem I have with this company.

I called tech support to no avail. After you get through the automated tech support (which may actually be helpful if my internet didn't fail constantly and I hadn't hear this dozens of times before-"unplug your modem, restart your computer...." you have an insanely long wait time with way too loud horrendous music. Then you get to talk to a tech support agent who with a thick accent, bad attitude and a too-low-to-understand voice.

They in turn repeat everything you just sat through with the automated tech support. I work online and it's pretty *** frustrating that I lose work because a service I pay for can't deliver.

Review about: Mediacom Internet Service.

Comments

Sorry to hear about the internet issue you have had, but I guess that is just a welcome to Mediacom Internet problems.

If you could see the number of times I have called their Tech support folks and the issues some of the time the Tech's that come out have found you might be a bit surprised.

I couple of times they tried to lay it on myself or the computer. Sorry bad excuse, and that darn thing of re-booting both my computer and the cable modem I would guess has worked once.

Part of their problem is their growth on the internet was at best poor planning. They wake up and find dang we double or tripple our number of users. Whoops there seems to be a bottleneck in places that should have been planned for ahead of time.

It wasn't only my understanding of networking and its abilities. A couple of the Tech's that came out actually agreed with me on that point. The bottle neck I beliueve was in Edenton.

HeckI could go one for a bit more but will cut it short. With the capabilities now of DishTV and Direct along with wifi in this area many are considering getting off of the cable junk.

I would mention a few things about their programmers or whom ever decides on what channels to go with.

Keep on surfing Hhardison.

Milton L. Lane Jr.

Moyock, NC

MediacomSupport

We have been working on infrastructure upgrades in many of our North Carolina markets this week. If you are still having issues with your Mediacom service, please contact me at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com. I will be happy to check into this further.

Thanks,