Over the last many months that I have contacted Mediacom multiple time monthly, My internet speed varies from .01Mbits to 11.45Mbits every Day.today was the same, up and down with the speed so I called Mediacom as soon as I called my speed jumped to 11Mbits, hmm hmm, I have use speedtest.net to check my internet connection, this by the way is who Mediacom recommends to use to check speeds.
I have many screen shots of speedtest.net of the speeds reported from three different laptops and two desktops wireless and wired connections. they all report similar findings. I have rebooted both the router and the Mediacom modem and have connected directly to the Mediacom modem and have tried a different router and for a while it seems to get better, could be for 10 minutes to a few hours or more but "sure as Stuff" it back at a slow speed for the most part between 1Mbits to 5Mbits, I pay For 12Mbits. When I do call Mediacom all I get is restart your PC modem router, have you connected directly to the modem ETC....
Come ON THEY HAVE THE RECORDS ON THE COMPUTER AND ALL OTHER ISSUES. When I called today 02/23/2012 the person would not help and just read the procedures form there list, i tried to stop them, the earliest they could get out here was Tuesday 28th I told Her I would be out of town then for Up to 15days and wanted them out here on Friday the 24 Feb, as I have delt with this for far to long and It is not only this address I have two Accounts here in Navarre MN and in Hibbing MN, THIS IS THE KICKER, most of the time when they send out service repair they go to the wrong address. this happened the last time about a month ago THE Service tech reported this back to them MEDIACOM NEVER RESCHEDULED THE CALL!!!! WHY!
it was not my doing they went to the wrong address I cave them my Account # for the Navarre Address but they were sent to Hibbing, this has happened both ways and multiple time NOT JUST ONCE, HMM HMM WTF. OH, I failed to mentioned this time when I called I demanded to be transferred to her Supervisor, she did but while I waited (music on hold) I WAS DISCONNECTED or the line dropped, BUT THEY HAVE NOT CALLED BACK, been almost 2 hours, bad customer services and bad Internet Service.
Really have no Choice in Internet Service as only two options and Qwest or now Centerylink is much higher cost, I am a disabled vet and unemployable and cannot afford that cost, maybe the cost for mediacom is too emotionally high.THIS JUST SUCKS.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- High Speed Internet
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "For 2 months I've been a paying customer with Chaturbate.com, and to be allow access into the site more, I just need them to verify that I'm over 18 years..."
- "I'm the Editor of Computer Magazine (ComputerMagazine.com), and live in Springfield, Missouri. Yesterday I had the misfortune of having Mediacom come to "upgrade" me to their "XTreme" service. Here's a..."
- "I was a legitimate member of LinkedIn with a profile for several years, however, during the past year of 2015, they have Illegally, Purposely and Deliberately Blocked My Account with..."
- "I put an order in on Nov 8th for $47 and never received it. I sent several messages and called the company several times and all I get is a..."
- "I was already disappointed with Eharmony's dating pool within a few days of signing up. It was even worse than I remembered from 5+ years ago. Basically, the site seems..."
- "In 2008 my dear kitten, peaches, of 7 months was shot (most likely by a neighbor) while we were at church one Sunday afternoon in November . ..."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."
- "Thought I'd try your Publix Supreme Self Rising Crust Pizza. The picture on the box really looked good. Too bad the pizza INSIDE the box didn't look like that...."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."