I was moving to Des Moines so I called Mediacom sales and asked about user owned equipment since I had a cable modem, Tivo and cablecard. I was told that this was okay and that they could install over the phone.

After I got moved in I called to activate. The rep told me that I couldn't have my own Tivo and a service call would be required for activation. He couldn't tell me when an appointment would be available and that he would put in a request and call me back.

After waiting a day and a half I called back and the new rep did manage to activate the internet over the phone. After several more calls we got the cablecard paired after the rep contacted the warehouse to get the card added to the inventory.

A week later I bought a second Tivo and cablecard and called to get it activated. After a couple of tries with reps who assured me that it should be activated even though I wasn't asked for any serial number or host id. I was finally transferred to Tivo support (why not on the first call?) The rep there told me that I would have to take my card down to their office to get it activated. She also pointed out that I was already using one of their cards and being charged for it. I told her that I didn't want to be charged for using my own card.

When I got down to their office I was told that they don't allow user owned cablecards.

Mediacom will say yes to anything to get your account. Then, the policies change and the rates go up. Everyone I talked to kept trying to sell me phone service as well. I eventually had to start asking them why I would want that when they lied about their other services and had no one who could support them properly.

Review about: Mediacom Internet Service.

Comments

IowaDave
Des Moines, Iowa, United States #806287

And so it continues:

I got my first bill in the mail today and noticed that they were charging me for cablecard rental even though it was my card and they had unpaired it. Another twenty minutes on the phone to get this sorted out?

MediacomSupport
Fullerton, California, United States #803862

Hello!

I apologize for the recent issues you have had getting this device paired up. Please email me at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com and I will be happy to work on getting this resolved. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Mediacom Social Media Team

IowaDave
to MediacomSupport Middletown, New York, United States #804266

I am not going to give anyone at Mediacom my information. I was already threatened with having my internet disconnected simply because I complained to a Supervisor.

MediacomSupport
to IowaDave #807162

I assure you we want to resolve any and all of your service issues from here. Please give us the opportunity to resolve your issues by sending your account information to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com

Mediacom Social Media Team