Despite multiple promises and excuses, Mediacom continues to deliver substandard service. I signed up for their 12 MB service and find that most of my download data rates are closer to 6 MB.

If there were other options in this area, I would take them but they are the only cable internet provider available. This gives them an advantage, they can promise with out delivery, and provide excuses without recourse. I pay for 12 MB, I expect 12 MB.

I know that there are times when usage will decrease speed slightly, but technical support says they are only running at 30% yet my 6 MB and below nightmare continues. Does anyone else have the same or similar issues with this company?

Product or Service Mentioned: Mediacom Technical Support.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 30, 2012.

Comments

They have the right and ability to reduce your speed at anytime. The only guarantee to receive the MBPS you are paying for is fiber optic.

If your utilization is only at 30% then there may be something else causing the slow speeds. Please send me an email with your phone number or account number to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com and I will be happy to do everything I can to have this corrected.

-James