I cancelled service because Mediacom failed to provide the agreed upon consistent internet service, and I will not pay a disconnect fee. The last time I needed service I went without any for a week, before Mediacom's technician could come.

After that I again had intermittent service. I am not willing to wait extended periods without service nor spend half a day waiting for a technician when they finally come after a week or more, nor am I willing to spend hours trying to get through their automated phone set up. This intermittent service, with periods of no service, is not what I signed up for. Mediacom knew ahead they should not have provided contracted service to this address, as they knew previously that it could not function properly.

I can obtain a sworn affidavit from the previous resident attesting to the fact that he also had continuous trouble and intermittent serve.

He was finally told by Mediacom's own technician that the problem could not be corrected due to problems with the building wiring. Mediacom's signing me up for service, while knowing they could not deliver, and then attempting to collect disconnect fee constitutes deliberate fraud.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mediacom Internet Service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 17, 2011.

Comments

MediacomSupport

I apologize if you feel this was done on purpose. In most cases if the building's wiring needs to be redone you would need to get in contact with the property manager or maintenance to take care of this for you. Unfortunately after the first 30 days of the contract if you cancel there is an early termination fee for cancelling before the end of the contract.

I would be happy to look into this in more detail if you could email me at SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com

Thanks,