We were trying to get tv service at a 2nd home and Mediacon was the provider for the area. Only being there on weekends trying to schedule a time during the week can be hard but doable.

We had Mediacom come out and turn the service on Monday and paid the 100.00 or so. My wife stayed an extra day to get this done. That Saturday I came down with Family to install my brand new Vizio 1080 pixel new tv and sit back and relax. During my easy instalation(HDMI cable) pluging one end to the other discoverd the cable box had no HDMI hook up!!!

Really!!!! So I called and was told by one of the reps that no one could tell the difference anyway. I am no tec head but I am not ***!!! So I called that Monday to ask for a box that had an HDMI hook up and was told I could go to the office (20 min ride from the residence) and they may have one but couldn't garranty it.

Ok so I need to schedule an extra day off, drive an hour and 1/2 to get there then an extra 20 min to the office on a Monday -Friday. Really!!!! Then I wondered if they could ship me one and I would in turn ship the other one back? Nope not an option!!!

would not even consider shipping!!!! So I canceled the service and the are sending me a box to SHIP!!! their equipment back to them!!!! Wow!!!!

The extra cost of me switching to dish network was worth it just in payback for the lack of customer seervice and support from Mediacom. 480 pixel max what a joke!!!!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 05, 2012.

Comments

Mediacom came out to my residence on April 6 for installation as of today 4/21/2015 Service is not working. I am so FRUSTATTED with them.

I don't know who this Mediacom support person is, but there is no such person in reality. We just hooked up to Mediacom about four weeks ago.

Of that time, we have had good service for one week. The remainder of our time with Mediacom has been on the phone trying to get them to fix a situation of no phone, no internet, and a t.v.

that goes in and out all day... I agree, they should not be allowed to do business in this country.

MediacomSupport

That is not the level of service you should expect from Mediacom. I wish I had heard about this situation sooner. If you need any assistance in the future, feel free to contact me at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com

Thanks

Dallas

Mediacom Social Media Team

More than a joke. They are evil and should not be allowed to continue in business.