Well… I was warned. I did my research on Mediacom before subscribing 4 months ago. I figured that since the company had the worst reviews that I had ever seen, and that the hate-reviews were dwindling… well, the service must have improved. WRONG! As a "˜VIP' Mediacom subscriber my feedback to you, as a potential customer, is DO NOT GO THERE! In my 4 months as a MediaCom subscriber ("˜VIP, ahem') it has been nothing but a joke. In the 4 months as a customer the Internet only worked for 1 month at best, and service was continually interrupted. My cable TV did not work for over 2 months. The phone did not ever work. Period. When I would call for repair or service support, the average wait time was over 10 days… and then only available from noon to 3pm. Really? When I called to setup service, a tech was out the next day. After 5 visits, the issue was still not resolved. The worst part was, that when I called MediaCom to disconnect service because of failure to meet the performance agreement, I was charged $350. I paid it… I did. For $350, it was a steal to have to never deal with MediaCom again. Buyers Beware!!!

When I called to disconnect my account and let the 'customer non-service' agent know why I was paying $350 to fire them, what do you think they asked? "Thank you for your feedback. And your credit card number is?"

Review about: Mediacom Internet Service.

Comments

fadedcharacter
#331932

Nice try, Tom. How about refunding me for the 1 1/2 year's worth of 20Mb service I paid for and CONSISTENTLY received 2Mb speed with.

Countless service calls with workers (if you can really call what they do "working") who would "get right on that"...The best part of moving from the city I lived in was CANCELING MY MEDIACOM SERVICE!!!

Oh! One last thing...I turned my box & remote in and paid in full...yet you jackasses sent me a bill for $18 that you then sent to a bill collection agency...despite numerous calls & mailings of the PAID IN FULL receipt.

This company will ultimately fail & I can't wait to see it happen!

MediacomSupport

I apologize for the poor experience you had with the service. Should you need anything in the future we would be happy to assist you. You can contact us at any time at SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com

Thanks,