Let me start by saying that I have been a loyal customer for three years now, although not by choice. I live in a very rural area and Mediacom is the only provider available that offers the internet speeds that I need. Their service has been spotty for the past several months and hasn't improved, but I still don't have any other options. Because there are no other options they charge astronomical fees. Both AT&T and Verizon offer the same speeds at half the price; just not in my area.

I am a single mom who lives paycheck to paycheck. I commute over 100 miles a day to service the needs of the community and my work week averages 50-60 hours. On top of that I do college online.

I cannot afford to take my children to the movies or out to dinner. I also had to give up cable tv due to the ridiculous high price Mediacom charges for basic cable, and now use Roku.

Being a Mediacom customer for three years now, and a struggling single mom, I most often pay my Mediacom bill late, but have never not paid my bill. The Internet service I have with Mediacom costs me an average of $80 a month. I know, ridiculous right? $80 a month just for Internet? What choice do I have? In order to offer my children tv entertainment, in order for my daughter to do her homework, and in order for me to do my college classes I have to juggle my bills to try and make it work.

I had a Mediacom bill recently for $191 and some change. About two weeks ago I paid $150 leaving $41 and some change remaining. I have been in jury duty this week and when I got home Thursday evening my service had been disconnected. I had $50 left in my account until payday and so I called and paid $42. When I spoke to a customer service rep she advised that I would have to pay $81.85 that is due on October 12th, as well as a $29.99 reconnect fee and an additional unexplained $30 fee. On top of that they wouldn't be able to reconnect service until the 8th. I have assignments due this weekend and couldn't wait until the 8th, so I tried to find another provider to no avail. I bit the bullet the next day, Friday (my pay day)and called to reconnect. The customer service rep I spoke with this time advised that due to being disconnected, I am no longer eligible to the 150 Mbps I had at $70 per month plus tax and other fees, I would now have to pay $95 per month plus tax and other fees. Are you kidding me? No way!

So now I have 50 Mbps for $59.99 plus tax and other fees and am not eligible to a discount for 6 months. I had to pay an additional total of about $135 for everything and still have to wait until the 8th to be reconnected. There goes my grocery shopping. I only caved because I don't have a choice in the middle of a class. I don't even know if 50 Mbps will work for me. At least it is monthly because you can bet when another provider becomes available I will no longer be a Mediacom customer.

Intermittent service that is not acknowledged by Mediacom; no discounts applied when the service is out. Astronomical prices that are double what other providers charge because Mediacom is the only provider in this area; and ridiculous wait times to be connected. You are definitely not customer oriented. You take advantage of lower income rural areas. You can bet that I am going to share this horrible experience with everyone.

Any response you give needs to directed to my email because you also removed my account.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Mediacom. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Mediacom to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Mediacom and mediacom internet service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments