2.0

Mediacom service is a complete failure in Hahira GA. When moving from out of state to Hahira GA, I established temporary residence and ordered internet/television service through Mediacom. The service installation was completed at the date and time provided. However, the service completely cut out the following day. Technical support was called but was unable to provide a solution. The only possible answer was to get a technician back on site which was a one week turnaround. After a week a technician arrived and resolved the issue in 5 minutes. Mediacom had disconnected my service on accident when the previous resident put in a cancellation order. Since that resolution, the cable service has been fairly reliable, but the internet service goes out at least 4 or 5 times a day. I have placed multiple calls to technical support but the only answer that I ever receive is that "we" can't see a problem on our side. Phone support always offers to have a technician show up on site, but warned me that if their was not a problem that I would charged for the visit. I let the spotty internet connectivity go because this was a temporary residence and have simply lived with it for two months.

This month I found a permanent residence and gave Mediacom another chance. I am in the middle of multiple efforts at work, so I arranged a week in advance to be present in the morning from 8-10 AM so that Mediacom could complete the installation. At 9:52 the morning of install, I called customer support and asked about the status of my installation. The customer service representative that I spoke with stated that she would leave a message for the installation technician but that he wasn't scheduled to be their until 10:00. I asked "really", I need to call back in 8 minutes. Phone support repeated that the technician wasn't late until 10 AM. I got off the phone waited 8 minutes then called back to customer service. I spoke with Ladonna. Ladonna tried to reach the on-site service tech but was unable to do so. All I could think about at this point was the wasted time and energy that I had put into getting the equipment and televisions in place, scheduling to be away from work, and then spending the morning hours waiting for a service technician to arrive or call. I cancelled my order and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me that Mediacom had done what they could do but were unable to reach the technician, the options that she provided were to reschedule, wait longer for the technician, or some combination of the above but I would get a 20$ credit on my bill. I complained and she told me that the service technician had been delayed. I said no thank you. Cancel my order. The service technician called me a half hour later at ~ 10:40 AM to tell me that dispatch should have called me to let me know he was delayed. I told him that he was late, that I hadn't received a call until his, and that it was tool late because I was cancelling my service. I am cutting the cable and will use DSL with Hulu and Netflix.

My assessment, Mediacom is incapable or providing timely assistance and installation or maintaining service without interruption.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of no follow through with customers and no one resolves problem. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of mediacom internet and associated monetary loss in the amount of $200. Mediacom needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned mediacom internet in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Mediacom.

Comments