My husband and I contacted Mediacom regarding a package that looked like a good deal. We had concerns because two of the installs for cable would be on an LCD. The Sales Rep assured us that would not be a problem since it would be run through a box. We ordered it for 4 TV's, and were told that there would be no additional charges for the extra TV's as long as it didn't exceed 4.

When the Installation Techs showed up they only had one box and remote. We were informed that in order to get 3 more we would be charged 10.50 per box! We called customer service and initially were told to go pick up the boxes at the local Mediacom office. The Installation Techs told us that it was a lie, that they did this to customers everyday - that we should call back to confirm.

We called back and asked if we were still going to be charged and they said yes. No matter what we said they would not work with us on this matter. We are very upset and feel as though this should have been disclosed at the time of the sale. We get 1/2 the channels on the other TV(s), and 2 of them don't even work because there are no boxes!

I am disgusted. Mediacom lied to us. I would never recommend Mediacom to anyone.

Review about: Mediacom Installation.

Comments

Did that... Got no response and cancelled Mediacom - that went well btw.

MediacomSupport

Hi, sorry to see you had a bad experience with our company. If you would like to email us at SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com we can look into this situation and see what we can do to help.