I had the most surreal experience with Mediacom today.

In early November 2011, I received a mailer from Mediacom for Internet at $19.95/month for 12 months (standard price after that; 2 yr contract). In addition, unlimited phone could be added for another $9.95/month (it was NOT a bundled offer; internet and phone were seperate offers).

I signed up for internet and phone. I was not happy wiith the phone and disconnected it within the 30 days trial period. I assumed my internet rate will be 19.95 for 1 year. Not so. Mediacom charged me $34.95 this month.

I called and spoke to a customer service rep (Cindy) and was then transfered to a service rep in the loyalty department (Vinny). That is when everything went downhill!

Vinny claimed that I had signed up for a bundled offer and therefore if I dropped the phone, I will pay a higher rate on internet. I told him about the promotional offer that I signed up under and that the internet rate was seperate from the phone. He did not believe me. He implied that I was lying about the offer. Unfortunately, I do not have the mailer with me but I remember that this offer was all over the place during Thanksgiving time (2011). It is one thing to ask the customer to provide details of the offer - it is totally unacceptable to imply that the customer is lying!! I am totally frustrated with the behavior of this person.

Does anyone else remember the offer for $19.95 for just the internet plus $9.95 for the phone line from Mediacom during the first week of Novemebr 2011? I would like to prove that I am not a liar! I wish someone from Mediacom can sort this pricing issue for me.

A frustrated customer :(

Product or Service Mentioned: Mediacom Internet Service.

Comments

MediacomUser

Tom,

Thank you for a quick response. I have sent you an email.

MediacomSupport

Many promotions are seasonal and are subject to change. It does sound like you may have been upgraded to a different promotional offer when adding the phone rather than 2 separate deals being added to the account. I would be more than happy to look into the matter for you and resolve this if you could email me at SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com at your earliest convenience. Thanks.

-Tom