Mediacom cable in Effingham, IL. is taking advantage of their existing customers & seniors. Their customer service is terrible.

A new customer pays $89.95 My parents pay $211. Customer service tells me to switch them to another company, getting a new customer is more important than keeping my parents as a customer.

After I complain about this on Twitter, @mediacomsupport tweets me an offer, I call in to get the deal...2 reps tell me no such price...3d guy, Steve, ups price, tells me no offer was ever made, AND CALLS ME A LIAR!

This same representative says he personally talked to my father about the price increase on my fathers bill - when my dad was UNCONSCIOUS in INTENSIVE CARE!

I start tweeting about this, I get contacted and the same offers are made...

Fool me once...shame on you.

Fool me twice? Nope.

I paid Facebook to promote this post.

Please share it with everyone you know...not because I think it will change how Mediacom treats their customers, but to let expose them for what they are doing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mediacom Customer Care.

Comments

Skruffy
Rantoul, Illinois, United States #578857

I feel your pain. Mediacom is all about getting the new customer, but treats current customers with disdain.

MediacomSupport

I will be happy to look into this billing issue for you. I will also look to see what offers are currently available. Can you send me an email with your account or phone number to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com?

Tim