1.8
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have notice less than honest sales practice from medico myself. It seems there service fall short of what you paid for and expect, only to upsale you to the next "package".

which is 10 dollars more. And yes, I have notice the same thing that concern your dealings with them to also be in my case as well. This is my second time with the same issues, as both times the internet issues only are a big deal in the beginning, no matter what package I start with. A few years ago started with the basic internet package.

Upgraded to the step up then was smooth sailing. This time I started with the package higher than my first upgrade, and having same issues as before. Call tech up graded to ultra prime, then worked great, but had already scheduled a technician to come out. So I immediately cancled the upgrade, just incase it is a bad signal, until the technician comes out.

Out of curiosity, tried online gaming again and back to the same issues. So my service calls for 100mbps/10mbps/999gb but speedtest.net only test me at 84.58download/6.20upload.

So in order for me to get "this" service, I have to bump up to the Ultra Plus service to which is 150mbsdownload/20mbpsupload in order to get the 100mbps/10mbps I need. It seems my Tmobile hotspot with less signifanctly lower in download and upload speed works better than Medicom Ultra internet package.

Review about: Mediacom Ultra Internet Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

West Des Moines, Iowa, United States #1299956

Use speedtest.mediacomtoday.Com to test internet speed hard wired, because wirelessly you will lose at least 20-30% of speed just because it's wifi. Additionally, if you have neighbors all broadcasting their wifi in the same bandwidth as yours that eats up your speed too.

If possible, get either a wifi router with 5ghz through us or buy one at the store to ensure speeds. (You pay for UP TO 100 or 150, wifi is not perfect anywhere you go)