5.0

I opted for Mediacom simply because they are the only company to provide 50Mbps internet in my area. Hence decided to go with their combo (internet & cable with HD box) with $120 installation (was informed upfront) and $105 monthly (was told $80 without the HD box). The HD box service is $7.95 per month which should bring the monthly to $88 monthly approx; but I pay $105. In the last 3 months I called cust. support for billing recon, bad service, base charge clarification as its different every month and I call tech support very frequently for bad internet service. I pay for 50 Mbps but get only 1 or 10 Mbps inconsistent Wifi and 40+Mbps good wired internet. Basis Mediacom's tech support recommendation, I ended up buying my own modem *** router gadget to avoid the monthly fee. The basic cable TV is *** expensive and nothing great with to look for. DishTV or Direct TV offer way more for a leeser price and I am making the switch. The 90 min conversation with Mediacom's retention/loyalty dept is the most frustrating part of the bad experience thus far as they had no proper solution to rectify and fix the problem except offering technicians to visit for the 3rd or 4th time in 3 months. I was left with no choice and I opted the 90 day money back gaurantee with one day remaining as they did absolutely nothing to fix the problem and retain a dissatisfied customer. Its better to opt out from a company that cared less about customer experience (atleast me in this case). I hope to get back all the money I paid during the 90 day period, or so I was promised by the rep from rentention dept with this company, If I run into issues, I so will not be surprised as I keep getting updated something new about my bill and serivce everytime I call.

Cable TV: 3/5

Internet: -1/5

Wifi: -2/5

Billing details: 1/5

Customer Service: 1/5

Retention: 0/5

Overall Satisfaction: 0.33/5 (half star)

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $500. The author is overall dissatisfied with Mediacom. The most disappointing about mediacom cable service from Mediacom was poor internet service, no one resolves the problem and billing discrepancy Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Mediacom.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Mediacom to other companies on our site.

Comments