Excelsior, Minnesota

I was a loyal customer for 5 years of Mediacom (cable and internet -paying over $100 for basic cable) when I noticed my bill was increased by $42 in one month. No notice in my bills or by email or anything, and late charges since I was on autopay each month.

So I called to cancel and they offered me to try a lower rate for 90 days. So decided to wait. Then I went to cancel (within the 90 days) and now they want $240 as a cancellation fee (for the cable only).

So I just have to get away from the high charges and that kind of treatment so....

Here's what I'm doing now - I'd recommend to go netflix and/or directTV and save yourself some money. I just don't see treating a good customer that way, let alone how they can charge so much for leaving their service.

Review about: Mediacom Internet Service.

Comments

MediacomSupport

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. If you would like to email me at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com, I will be happy to review your account and find out what is going on here.

Thanks!

Mediacom Social Media Team

Auburn, Massachusetts, United States #776055

the "90 days) they offered you didn't mean you have 90 days to decide if you want to try and get a lower rate it was an offer they'd have extended to you that IF they got you a lower rate it'd be good for 90 days. if you had been a customer for 5 years how can they charge you a cancelation fee?

were you on some kind on contract from year to year? if you were you should request a copy of it if you weren't smart enough to keep one and go through the fine print because i'm sure they'd have put it in there that prices were subject to changed & WITHOUT notice.

it's a slimey way to do business but in no way illegal. i'd just recommend taking your own advice and going with someone else.

to notgivingit Excelsior, Minnesota, United States #776088

Thanks for that comment. The offer of 90 days to cancel had no mention of " termination fee".

I'll see how they respond but to take a lot of money from a good customer and kick them going out the door like this, even if they have me in the contract, will cost them more if I send a tweet out to my followers (18,000). It's just bad business.....