My son was signed up with Mediacom for 2 years. Unfortunately, he became seriously ill and had to move home.

When we called to cancel his service, we were told that we would have to pay $180 early termination fee along with his remaining monthly bill. We decided to transfer the remaing contract time to his new address at home with us. We were going to cancel our Uverse to accomodate his remaing contract time. They said we would have to pay internet and phone along with cable TV.

I explained that our phone line and internet were through AT&T and we could not change these because they are linked with our home business. They said they could not transfer just TV and could not accomodate him. I asked if a Doctos documentation of his illness could help and they said no. His bill is $257 and will increase 25% when they disconnect the service.

I called 2 weeks ago and still have not received the return equipment box. I put in the disconnect request and they finally disconnected the phone but the other renters are still getting cable and internet. I asked about a payment plan since my son is ill and can't work. She said he could pay $100 to lower the 25% interest increase but as soon as the service is officially disconnected, he will still be put into collection even if we contined to make payment over the next few months.

What's the point.

Have called twice now to return equipment and still no box to return the equipment. It is tough enough to have a serious illness but to deal with uncompassionate customer service is really sad.

Comments

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH MEDICOM THEY OFFER VERY LITTLE FOR ALOT OF MONEY AND THEY BILL U FOR MORE THAN UR CONTRACT SAYS..SO THIS IS MY SOLUTION...I WANT OUT OF MY CONTRACT AND THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME OVER 200.00 TO CANCEL IT. SO THEY CANT REPORT IT ON MY CREDIT REPORT I AM SENDING THEM 10.00 A MONTH AND I AM GOING WITH DISH NETWORK SCREW THEM..C HOW THEY LIKE THEM APPLES