Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have had string of problems over the last 3 weeks with Mediacom. My original service appointment with Mediacom was scheduled for July 1 to initiate service.

The technician was 30 minutes and when he arrived he said he could not install the service because the service wire from the street to our house was corroded and therefore he could not install the service. He informed me that Mediacom would come to our house within 1 week to replace the cable and subsequently install service. The promised week passed and no Mediacom rep came to replace the cable. I called Mediacom to followup and was told that rather than be installed within 1 week as promised by the first technician, it would actually take an additional two weeks and that the new line would be buried no later than July 22nd (3 weeks from my original appointment).

I called Mediacom again today (July 21) to followup on the bury to confirm that the company would be coming by no later than tomorrow (July 22), the date of their revised promise. The representative I spoke with informed me that in fact all of the other Mediacom reps I had been dealing with where lying to me because it actually takes the company 40 days to bury a new cable. He also said that in the interim, Mediacom would send out a rep to setup my service as they didn't actually need to replace the cable to get us service. He said the installation would take place on July 28th (4 weeks after the first technician went to my house and said he couldn't install the service).

When I asked why, if that is true, did the first technician not simply install the service, the rep could not explain. After I pointed out the strangeness of this sequence of events and asked to speak with a manager, the rep did not connect me with a manager, but said that he would try and have a service person to my house tomorrow to install the service.

My experience over the last three weeks with Mediacom has been terrible. They have repeatedly lied to me, changed their story multiple times and have been generally unpleasant to deal with.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mediacom Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Guy on the phone was nice.

I didn't like: Everyone i have spoke to has lied to me.

Comments