Mahomet, Illinois

I am tired of paying for a service I do not get. I am getting 1.19Mbps consistently when I am paying for 15 Mbps. At these speeds my movie streaming and gaming is rendered useless for my family. As of lately my VOIP phone keeps dropping. It has been dead all day. What if my daughter was home and had to make a 911 call? Will she know how to reset the modem? Would anyone be thinking to reset a modem or do you just expect there to be a dialtone?

The company came out last week and said the signal to my house was fine. That the problem was in the increased volume usage on the residential card I am on. The *** is that my neighbors internet is fine, apparently they are on a different card. I was told it could be weeks before the solution is obtained. Weeks? In this world of technology and for a service I am paying for, weeks without is ludicrous.

Has anyone emailed Mediacom from the website and actually received a reply. I have never received a reply, yet alone in the 24 hour timeframe as told in their automated reply. Try it for entertainment value.

Another issue is communication. Each time I call I have to explain everything again. So the repair guy came out, told me about the residential card thing, told me it could be a couple of weeks, but to call the 800 number in two days. Call the number, and they have no idea what I am talking about. I talked to an "Anna" and she said it is rediculous that they do not fix it in a timely manner. That justs make me more angry. Like, no duh. Apparently the service guys are contracted by Mediacom and apparently dont talk much to corporate. Shouldn't every repair call, service call, home visit be recorded/logged? I can tell you for a fact that it is not. Kind of deceptive to me.

So tomorrow I have a service call with a repairmen which seems like nonsense as it will just start this nightmare clock over again. It has been over ten days when the service became useless. We used to put up with lagging and on demand issues before, but it became so bad it made our phone dead.

Cable monopolies need to end. Sateliite is not an option for me as the cost would be to great as I have to many TVs Plus cable internet is by far faster (if and when it works) than what our Verizon provider can provide.

What other options do I have?

Just another pissed consumer tired of being ripped off by a monopolized industry that could really care less about the consumer.

Comments

Omaha, Nebraska, United States #816967

I agree with this post, and have similar issues with Mediacom service. I will do everything in my power to advocate for more choices in ISPs and will switch when choices become available.

Mediacom will, because of their own stupidity and lack of service, lose there monopoly in central Illinois.

MediacomSupport

Hello dansee,

I assure you this is not the level of service we expect our paying customers to experience. I will be happy to look into this issue for you and address it accordingly from here. Can you send us an email to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com with your account or phone number?

Tim