First installer at my home turned out to be a subcontractor. Every DVR box he installed was broken and had to be replaced by second employee.

Of course it was a ten day wait for the first subcontractor to come out. Then we were told two weeks until the next appointment. Second guy didn't get the system operational. Four weeks of futile effort.

Eventually, a combination of their employees and the Geek Squad got my equipment working. Of course, when it gets cold as it does in Minnesota, the cable lines seem to freeze and we can actually lose all service! Recently, I lost the internet connection to my DVR. I spent hours on the phones with two technicians.

The first said "I don't know anything about booster systems. They must be your problem." I informed him that his company in fact was there when it was installed. He was silent. I asked to speak with his supervisor as perhaps they knew more about the technology.

He refused made an appointment for Wednesday and put me back in the cue. Next technician made me go through the same routine, cancelled the appointment for Wednesday and told me someone was coming the next morning. Of course, she lied. The technician is now scheduled for Saturday so I'm a week without service and my call to Mediacom made my service worse.

Before I worked with a tech I had internet in my home. By the end of my calls with the technicians, I had no internet in the house. I was on hold for 38 minutes and was disconnected. Called back same thing happened after 16 minutes.

Called a third time and got a supervisor. Antoinette promised me her supervisor would call. Never heard back. No quality control for their product, insufficient training for employees, and general lack of concern for their customers.

I called the Village office. I was encouraged to file a complaint with the town hall which I just did.

She told me to talk with my neighbors and get them to do the same so the city can think about selecting a new company. I'm determined to make that happen!!!

Review about: Mediacom Internet Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Service when it worked a.

I didn't like: Phone call support, Treatment of reliable customers, Internet service, Customer service who had no idea what was going on.

Comments