Many years back I had Mediacom “high speed internet” for a few years as well as there basic package that had the history channel on it at the time. It was at least once a month that my service would drop out and my internet was gone.

I would have to call in and talk with a machine for half an hour and then wait on hold for half an hour. I am guessing the half an hour weight was due to a high amount of complaints, which would not surprise me. I then moved over the Qwest at the time, now Century Link, and in four years never once had my service go out or had to call in. The only reason that I left Century Link was because I was paying the same price for 1.5MB service that Mediacom had for 12MB service.

I made the mistake of calling the 800 number for Century Link because that will link you to a call center in India who will not help you. I then decided to cancel Century Link and move to Mediacom. The sale Lady for Mediacom was very nice and good to work with and I only had to deal with a machine for 30 seconds. Unfortunately that is where the good service ends.

I got Mediacom setup and it was about a month or two later my service went out and they could not restore it without sending out a technician. They proceeded to tell me that it would be 2 days before a technician could be there. After my previous experience with Mediacom that was the straw that broke the camel’s back. The only good thing about Mediacom is that you can cancel your contract with in 90 days if you are not happy, and let me tell you I was not happy.

I gave Mediacom a second chance and they failed immediately. I WILL NEVER USE MEDIACOM OR ADVISE THEM TO ANYONE. I have since gone back to Century Link and even though I have to wait a week to get my service turned on I know that after it is on I will not have any issues with it.

Mediacom is probably the WORST service I have ever had and I will never go back. I am so displeased with them that I took the time to write a complaint.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mediacom Internet Service.

Comments

MediacomSupport
Buena Park, California, United States #680784

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your poor experience with our company. If you ever need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com

Thanks,