Mediacom's internet, as the title says, is very frustrating at times. Honestly, it's fast and high quality a majority of the time, but despite this, I am leaning more on to the side of "unhappy customer." Why? Because every 20 minutes to an hour, I lose signal for 5-10 minutes, frequently (but not always) requiring me to restart my router. I have seen the same thing happen at my friend's house, who also uses Mediacom internet. On top of that, every night around midnight, my router decides to pull down it's pants, squat, and take a dump on all of my devices.

What I mean by this is that the speed of my internet gets really slow for no reason and I can't load much more than a google search until around 5 a.m. It's ridiculous. It doesn't help that customer service never helps you at all. (Microsoft and Nintendo have amazing customer support, though. 10/10 for Microsoft and Nintendo.)

The worst part in my opinion is probably that this happens to people in certain areas but not others. I've seen other reviews that say the same thing as me, but others have no such problems besides an outage every here and there.

If that isn't my biggest problem, it's that they nearly have a monopoly in my area. It's either my local utility company's internet (which is crazy expensive but apparently okay in terms of performance) or Mediacom. I think CenturyLink may be an option, but who wants that?

Now, this off/on internet thing isn't enough to make me leave mediacom, but I am pretty annoyed with it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone who can avoid it. It's wasted my time on many occasions. I haven't lost any real money, but I feel I should want some money back for the lack of proper service in so many areas.

Comments

MediacomSupport
Fullerton, California, United States #828856

Hey, I'm very sorry you're having this issue, that is not the level of service we expect to provide. We can most certainly take a look into your internet issue.

There is a possibility that it could be the signal the modem is receiving from outside of the home.

It could even be an issue with a splitter that the modem is connected to. If you want to send us an email at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com we'll dig deeper into the issue!

Thanks,