2.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

"That's not the type of thing we would do anything about" (Quote from Customer Service)

Installation scheduled for Saturday, Jan 23 at 1:00. Tech arrived late.

HDMI cable sparked when he tried to insert it into the TV- I said it indicated a ground fault, but he tried several more times and blew the circuit breaker. I suggested he use his voltmeter to verify the ground fault, but he didn't have one and didn't understand why he should.

He claimed it couldn't be a ground fault because he hadn't been shocked. He changed his mind when he did get shocked.

He reset the circuit breaker several times and tried and discarded several HDMI cables, even plugging everything in with the power off and then restoring power (which, of course, blew the circuit breaker immediately) before taking my suggestion to plug the equipment into a different outlet.

When that worked, he used a coaxial cable to connect the TV, as the HDMI ports would not work. He left without giving me his name or a receipt.

I called at least 5 times, each time getting a promise of a call back. I got a call once, that guy had to look into it, and never called again, even though I called him directly and left messages.

I had similar experience at the walk-up customer service window in Cedar Rapids- promises, but no call. Even from the supervisor, who told me the ticket had been closed 3 times already, and "That's not the type of thing we would do anything about"

This reviewer shared experience about "damaged my tv during installation" and wants this business to "repair or replacement of my tv" as the author lost $375. The author is overall dissatisfied with Mediacom. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Mediacom.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Mediacom to other companies on our site.

Comments