910 NC-32, Plymouth, NC 27962, USA
2.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Oh boy, I don't even know where to begin--I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the FCC but here is my story: Back on October 15 I responded to an ad I had received saying the Mediacom Xtreme was available in my area. I called their toll free number and spoke to a gentlemen who confirmed that Yes, it was available at my address and would I like to go ahead and set it up?

I said yes as the cost was 100 less per month than my current Dish Network bill and also offered a home phone. This was completed and the connection appointment scheduled for Thursday October 19 between 12 and 5. I took the day off from work and the tech finally showed up at 4:45 and in less than 5 minutes told me that a 'tap" needed to be installed but he would go ahead and schedule it for the following Saturday the 21. I agreed as I had already cancelled my Dish services for midnight of that night and figured a few days without services would be fine.

I asked the Tech to have me called when the tap was done, which was not done but I called customer service late Saturday afternoon and was told that yes it was done and we rescheduled my installation for Friday the 27th again between 12 and 5. Again the Tech showed up at 4:45 and was there for 5 minutes before saying the tap had not, in fact, been done and it would need to be scheduled as he did not see that a work order had ever been placed. I was a bit annoyed by this time but called customer service AGAIN and asked that this be done. I was assured yet again that it would be done and that John from the Plymouth office would call me on Monday to confirm.

Yet again, no phone call so I called and was told that yes, the tap had been done (I didn't see one) and we were all set to install. At that point I requested that John call me to confirm or a tach come out when I was home to show me where but oh yeah, apparently there were no lines to my house for cable etc. Craig, a tech from Edenton, showed up at 6:00 on 10/31 walked around showed me the tap we would have to use which is across the street at another house and said he wasn't sure if we could use that one or not but he would talk to John and he would call me the next day. Nutshell, no call AGAIN customer service still tells me we are serviceable yada yada yada then I here from Mediacom Support on Twitter that nope not serviceable.

I am steaming by this point. I called again and spoke to a supervisor about this and asked for the Plymouth offices phone number (which is less than the length of a football field from my house mind you) and was told that there regional offices do not have one. Amazing. A communications company that does not offer a way to communicate with the local office?

Anyway, at this point it had been 3 weeks with no services whatsoever, I was out several days of work and had paid an early cancellation fee to Dish Network based on what I was told would be fine. John was alledgedly supposed to talk to the regional manager about getting me a reimbursement for the cost of reactivating my Dish Network (the 410 cancellation PLUS 200 to reconnect) and call me back--yet another week has passed with no word or communication.

As I said, I have filed formal complaints with the BBB and FCC regarding their unethical business practices and false advertising and am now continuing to wait. To anyone reading this review I would recommend that you RUN not Walk to the nearest satelite provider.

Review about: Mediacom Bundle Installation.

Reason of review: False Advertising and lack of follow through.

I liked: Initial contact.

I didn't like: Follow through, Lack of communication between corporate office and local office, No follow through with customers, Rude customer service person, Refuse to provide supervisors name and contact information.

Comments